Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Beat Goes On

My first playlist suggestions are:
The Killers - Mr Brightside. Excellent for pushing the pace up a bit
Deep Purple - Highway Star. Gets me up hills. Even long ones
Scissor Sisters - Filthy/Gorgeous. Good fast pace
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman. Cool things down, or keep an even jog

I had some Bob Dylan and Radiohead on my mp3, but they're far too slow. Some Smashing Pumpkins might work, but not the ones I've got going at the moment! I have a feeling that the music I listened to when stoned might not be very conducive to running, or moving at all. I may have to try out some Hip-Hop or Dance tunes. Gorillaz will be getting a test drive in the next few days.

Has anyone got any other suggestions for good running music? Probably best to do it in seperate posts, rather than comments. Don't forget to put 'playlists' in the labels field so that we can find them all easily!

2 comments:

goodurs said...

i'm not invited to the blog... so i have to comment.

i think you're right about the hiphop being better for movement. here are some suggestions that i have on my gym playlist.

beyonce/destiny's child
jay-z
rihanna
fergie/black eyed peas
the killers
gwen stefani
nelly furtado
foo fighters
hawksley workmen (striptease)
the tragically hip (new orleans is sinking gets in your head, and you move faster)
kelis

goodurs said...

(some of the suggestions are hiphop at all, but most are.)